MANLIUS, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – You ask, we answer!
A question the Your Stories Team has received a few times, centers around the Starbucks and WellNow Urgent Care being built in the Village of Manlius.
A viewer named Maggie asked, “Why has work stopped at the Starbucks and WellNow? There hasn’t been any sign of construction the past few weeks.“
The YS Team did see a contractor recently working at the WellNow but work does appear to have been halted at the Starbucks.
According to the Village of Manlius’ Code and Zoning Enforcement Official, Mike Decker, work has stopped for utility work.
Decker said in an email that the developers were working with the Central New York’s Water Authority (OCWA), The New York State DOT, and the State’s DEC to finalize water connections to the project.
Decker said the developers anticipate work will resume in the next 3 to 4 weeks.
The Development Project
A three-phase development, known as Fayette Street PUD (Planned Unit Development) is being built on Fayette Street (92) near the Highbridge Road split.
According to the village, Starbucks and WellNow Urgent Care are in the first phase of the project.
The second phase of the project calls for a three-story Craftsman-style building that will have shops and restaurants on the first level and apartments on the above floors.
The third phase proposes a two-story apartment building off Eureka and Park Drives, behind the CVS.
Have a question for the Your Stories Team?
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: Is Hobby Lobby still coming to Oswego?
- Your Stories Q&A: Auto parts chain moving into former Clay Thrift Store
- Your Stories Q&A: Can businesses in NY tack on a surcharge to those paying with credit cards?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will home heating oil cost you more this year compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are there signs with QR codes around the city of Syracuse, what are they for?
- Your Stories Q&A: Latest on closed Electronics Pkwy Hotel in Salina
- Your Stories: Cicero neighborhood notified to make mailboxes taller to continue postal service
- Your Stories Q&A: $6 million Community Center planned for Mattydale
- Your Stories Q&A: A question about tickets for Lights on the Lake
- Your Stories Q&A: Here’s when Crumbl Cookies in Clay is set to open
- Your Stories Q&A: 1920s cemetery chapel demolished in Lyncourt
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s being built at Bear and Buckley Roads in Clay?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why has work stopped on the new Manlius Starbucks?
- Your Stories: Fluctuating gas prices at neighboring pumps
- Your Stories Q&A: How far will gas prices drop?