SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — You ask, we answer!
The Your Stories Team received a question about the major construction project on the Thruway in Onondaga County. A viewer wanted to know if construction is still on schedule to be completed by end of the year.
A spokesperson for the Thruway Authority said the project is still slated to be finished by end of the year, barring weather delays.
The $84.2 million dollar project started in the spring of 2022.
Approximately five miles of the Thruway is being reconstructed in both directions, west of exit 37 (Syracuse – Liverpool – Electronics Parkway) to exit 39 (Syracuse – Fulton – I-690 – NY Route 690).
The Thruway Authority estimated roughly 35,000 cars travel on that stretch of I-90 every day.
The project calls for ramp reconstruction, rehabbing two bridges, replacing another one, wider shoulders, new guardrails, and other safety upgrades.
We’ll let you know when the last cone is removed.
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: Will home heating oil cost you more this year compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are there signs with QR codes around the city of Syracuse, what are they for?
- Your Stories Q&A: Latest on closed Electronics Pkwy Hotel in Salina
- Your Stories: Cicero neighborhood notified to make mailboxes taller to continue postal service
- Your Stories Q&A: $6 million Community Center planned for Mattydale
- Your Stories Q&A: A question about tickets for Lights on the Lake
- Your Stories Q&A: Here’s when Crumbl Cookies in Clay is set to open
- Your Stories Q&A: 1920s cemetery chapel demolished in Lyncourt
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s being built at Bear and Buckley Roads in Clay?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why has work stopped on the new Manlius Starbucks?
- Your Stories: Fluctuating gas prices at neighboring pumps
- Your Stories Q&A: How far will gas prices drop?
- Your Stories Q&A: Here’s what’s next for this closed North Syracuse Bowling Alley
- Your Stories Q&A: Mexican restaurant now open in former Camillus Applebees
- What’s being built at the old GJP Italian Eatery in Fulton?