(WSYR-TV) — You ask, we answer! Today’s Q&A takes us to Destiny USA.
At the start of the pandemic, the electric wheelchair scooters that customers could rent at Destiny USA were removed and have not returned.
Linda Wight emailed the Your Stories Team wanting to know when the scooters might come back.
Aiden McGuire, Director of Corporate Communications for Destiny’s parent company, Pyramid, said the scooters were owned and operated by the same company that ran the valet by the Cheesecake Factory.
Valet Park of America pulled both services at the start of the pandemic. McGuire said he is hopeful the mall can bring back valet parking and scooters in the near future but wasn’t able to provide a timeframe.
When asked if Destiny would explore using another company or operating its own fleet of scooters, McGuire said it’s committed to working with Valet Park of America because of the past relationship and the company can operate the scooter program more efficiently and on a larger scale than Destiny could.
McGuire added that those who need a manual wheelchair can go to the security desks and request one for free.
Do you have a question about something happening in your neighborhood? Let the Your Stories Team know, and we will work to get you an answer!
Call us anytime at 315-446-9900 or email us at email@example.com.
- Your Stories: Will the recent drop in gas prices continue?
- YS Q&A: Where can parents get their kids vaccinated?
- Your Stories: Construction underway on Murphy’s Island to extend Loop the Lake
- Your Stories Q&A: Will I be taxed on the Homeowner Tax Rebate Credit?
- Your Stories Q&A: Baby swans in Manlius?
- ‘Dumb thing to do:’ Onondaga County Executive warns against dumping trash at ShoppingTown
- Your Stories Q&A: New plans for former Jim’s Fish Fry location
- Your Stories: Why some people are working on Juneteenth holiday
- Wedding plans up in the air after cancelled flight
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s next for the former IHOP building in DeWitt?
- Your Stories Q&A: Iconic slogan removed from Heid’s, will it come back?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why install lights on a park trail that closes at dusk?
- Amazon truck is 24th vehicle to hit Onondaga Lake Parkway bridge in three years
- Your Stories Q&A: Getting a grasp on gas prices
- Your Stories Q&A: When will the grass at Carrier Circle get cut?