LIVERPOOL, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — You’re asking us to shine a light on a holiday tradition for many families that went dim years ago.
Several of you, including Cathy, asked “will the walk return for Lights On The Lake?” After looking into your questions, it doesn’t look like it.
Galaxy Media, the group behind Lights On The Lake at Onondaga Lake Park, says the reason they stopped doing the walk was due to the safety.
“It brought large crowds. It was hard to manage,” says Galaxy Media, who added that they even had people who wouldn’t stay on the path and were touching and climbing on displays.
So they decided to go with wheels only. They replaced the walk with charity nights.
The price is reduced to $5 per car the first two nights of the season, and all proceeds go to the charity.
They also offer a 5K walk and run on Sunday, Nov. 19 at 6 a.m. with the lights on for your enjoyment. It will cost you $35, but some part the money from the race goes to Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital.
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s that dirt near Syracuse Inner Harbor?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will natural gas customers pay more this winter compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the latest on bringing Delta Sonic to Clay?
- Your Stories Q&A: Rescue Mission donation centers no longer welcome at Wegmans
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the status of a new grocery store coming to Fayetteville?
- Your Stories Q&A: Is Hobby Lobby still coming to Oswego?
- Your Stories Q&A: Auto parts chain moving into former Clay Thrift Store
- Your Stories Q&A: Can businesses in NY tack on a surcharge to those paying with credit cards?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will home heating oil cost you more this year compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are there signs with QR codes around the city of Syracuse, what are they for?
- Your Stories Q&A: Latest on closed Electronics Pkwy Hotel in Salina
- Your Stories: Cicero neighborhood notified to make mailboxes taller to continue postal service
- Your Stories Q&A: $6 million Community Center planned for Mattydale
- Your Stories Q&A: A question about tickets for Lights on the Lake
- Your Stories Q&A: Here’s when Crumbl Cookies in Clay is set to open