(WSYR-TV) — Today’s question takes us to an historic site in the Town of Salina.
Is there an update on the old Will and Baumer candle factory?
NewsChannel 9 found out there’s a multi-million-dollar plan to preserve the history and give it new life. The old factory located at 100 Buckley Road near Old Liverpool Road has been vacant for years. Pascarella Development purchased the property in 2021.
It has a three-phase plan for the property. Apartments, a rec or sports complex, office space and a brewery and pizza restaurant. The first phase calls for a 100-unit multi-family lofts. It will be called Will and Baumer’s Urban Village.
One of the big questions: will the candle smokestack be part of the plan?
The vice president of Pascarella says it hopes to preserve that structure and maintain the historic value. It could be the site for the brewery and pizza restaurant. Construction on phase one is slated to start this summer with hopes of it being complete by mid 2024.
The other phases still need approval, and it could take five to six years to finish the entire project.
Celebrate the Class of 2022
- Class of 2022: ‘C-NS Standout’ senior attending college north of the border, studying foreign language
- Class of 2022: Liverpool valedictorian will attend Niagara University in the fall; major in computer science
- Class of 2022: Cazenovia Valedictorian attending RPI in the fall and playing field hockey
- Class of 2022: Meachem Elementary parade for Corcoran High School seniors brings back memories
- Class of 2022: Cato-Meridian senior says she wanted to be Valedictorian since she was a toddler
- Class of 2022: Oneida valedictorian to attend Boston University this fall
- Class of 2022: Corcoran High School Valedictorian will attend Ivy League in the fall, major in Pre-med
- Class of 2022: Valedictorian at Hannibal High School earns both college and high school diplomas
- Class of 2022: Nepal native graduating at the top of ITC High School class