SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Many questions continue to come into the Your Stories Team regarding the Homeowner Tax Rebate Credit.
A lot of people are writing in saying they qualify for the rebate and neighbors have received checks, but they haven’t gotten theirs yet.
Here’s a quick reminder checklist on eligibility:
- You qualified for the 2022 STAR credit or exemption
- Your income was less than $250,000 for the 2020 income tax year
- Your school tax liability for the upcoming school year needs to be more than your 2022 STAR benefit
New York State sent nearly two million checks so far. About another 500,000 still need to go out.
The big question is: What’s the holdup?
A spokesperson with the state says for most of the remaining homeowners, the state needs the 2022-2023 tax bill information from school districts so the checks can be properly calculated.
If you’re eligible to get a check and haven’t received one, you can generally expect to receive it between the time that school tax bills are issued and when the school tax payments are due in their community.
For instance, in Onondaga County, the school tax bills will be issued in mid-August and are due in September.
- Your Stories Q&A: Are you still waiting for your homeowner tax rebate credit check?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will the JetBlue nonstop flight from Syracuse to Orlando return?
- Your Stories Q&A: An update on two popular exit ramps near Destiny USA
- Your Stories Q&A: Park-N-Ride options remain limited for NYS State Fair due to driver shortage
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are NY gas prices nearly $.35 more than the national average?
- Your Stories Q&A: When will The Kabob House restaurant open in Liverpool
- Your Stories Q&A: Storage in store for new building near SYR airport
- Your Stories: When will the Chittenango Thruway Travel Plaza featuring a Chick-Fil-A open?
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the construction on Buckley Road near 7th North Street?
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the outlook for winter energy prices?
- Your Stories Q&A: SYR gas prices down nearly $.30 in one month, how far will they drop?
- Your Stories: Where is my Homeowner Tax Rebate Credit check?
- Your Stories: Fluctuating gas prices
- Your Stories Q&A: Construction underway on new $4.7 million bridge that goes over I-90
- Your Stories Q&A: Is tall grass near Onondaga Lake Pkwy a tall problem for drivers?