SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — NewsChannel 9 put you on the lookout for former fugitive of the week Jeremiah Canery and a viewer tip helped police put him behind bars.
Detectives with the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Warrants Unit found Canery hiding in a closet inside an apartment building on North Salina Street. The 19-year-old was wanted for burglary, robbery, and harassment.
Before his arrest, friends suspected he was stealing from them, and he had been caught by security at Destiny USA allegedly shoplifting at Lord and Taylor.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Colgate stuns Cincinnati with last second free throw
- Syracuse Crunch picks up comeback win over Charlotte
- WATCH: Steady snow (and rain) moving out; wind and lake effect Sunday
- Is a White Christmas in central New York’s future?
- Liverpool hands Corcoran first loss of season on Romeo Clarke buzzer beater
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9