SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — NewsChannel 9 put you on the lookout for former fugitive of the week Jeremiah Canery and a viewer tip helped police put him behind bars.
Detectives with the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Warrants Unit found Canery hiding in a closet inside an apartment building on North Salina Street. The 19-year-old was wanted for burglary, robbery, and harassment.
Before his arrest, friends suspected he was stealing from them, and he had been caught by security at Destiny USA allegedly shoplifting at Lord and Taylor.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Onondaga County Executive McMahon: ShoppingTown Mall could be used as future COVID-19 vaccination site
- Family Healthcast: PEW survey shows Americans are growing more confident in vaccine
- Georgia runoff elections get attention from current, former White House residents
- Onondaga Co. Executive talks COVID-19 numbers, vaccinations
- Direct restaurant relief excluded from latest stimulus bill
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9