SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — NewsChannel 9 put you on the lookout for former fugitive of the week Jeremiah Canery and a viewer tip helped police put him behind bars.
Detectives with the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Warrants Unit found Canery hiding in a closet inside an apartment building on North Salina Street. The 19-year-old was wanted for burglary, robbery, and harassment.
Before his arrest, friends suspected he was stealing from them, and he had been caught by security at Destiny USA allegedly shoplifting at Lord and Taylor.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Coach O says LSU NEEDS this Spring Game
- Cortland runs away with 19-5 win vs. Brockport
- WATCH: Enjoy the warm Wednesday as CNY’s weather to change for the end of the week
- Shooting on Hawley Ave in Syracuse injures 15-year-old
- Oswego Health Department to hold COVID-19 vaccine clinic in Fulton on April 17th
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9