SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — NewsChannel 9 put you on the lookout for former fugitive of the week Jeremiah Canery and a viewer tip helped police put him behind bars.
Detectives with the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Warrants Unit found Canery hiding in a closet inside an apartment building on North Salina Street. The 19-year-old was wanted for burglary, robbery, and harassment.
Before his arrest, friends suspected he was stealing from them, and he had been caught by security at Destiny USA allegedly shoplifting at Lord and Taylor.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse Police crackdown on illegal dirt bikes, ATVs
- WATCH: Another hot, humid day Wednesday
- Sterling Renaissance Festival plans on opening this year, needs approval from state and local authorities
- 5 people hurt after crash in Elbridge
- La Linea targets police officers following arrest of top cartel lieutenant
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9