ITHACA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – Ithaca Police are putting you On The Lookout after a string of bus stop vandalism around the city.
Since mid-August, six TCAT shelters have been damaged or had their glass broken by an unknown individual(s), said Lieutenant John Joly.
The following 5 incidents are shelters where glass was shattered:
- 150 West Village Place – August 19 – 2:03 p.m.
- 710 West State Street – August 30 – 12:06 p.m.
- 150 West Village Place – August 30 – 12:23 p.m.
- Chestnut Hill Apts. – October 21 – 10:30 a.m.
- Chesnut & Elm Street – November 4 – 3:14 p.m.
TCAT project manager Megan Pulver said the damage has cost several thousand dollars and delayed the replacement and update of several older shelters.
Pulver added, “this is disappointing to our customers who rely on the shelters to protect them from the elements while waiting for their buses.”
Officers have limited suspect information at this time.
They’re asking who may have witnessed the vandalism to contact them at (607) 330-0000.