GREENSBORO, N.C. (WSYR-TV) — The ACC has just issued a release saying that the rest of the ACC Tournament for 2020 has been canceled.
In a statement, the ACC said, “Following additional consultation with the league’s presidents and athletic directors, and in light of the continued conversations surrounding the fluidity of COVID-19, the Atlantic Coast Conference will immediately cancel the remainder of the 2020 ACC Tournament. For NCAA Tournament automatic qualification purposes, Florida State will represent the league as the ACC Champion. We are disappointed for our student-athletes, schools and fans to have to make this decision; however, the overall health and safety of all involved is the priority.”
Earlier on Thursday, the ACC held a press conference. You can watch their previous position below.
To watch the entire ACC press conference, click the player below.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse students sow seeds of change with community garden
- SUNY Chancellor approves pay raises for Upstate nurses, making hospital more competitive with St. Joe’s and Crouse
- US senators unveil legislation to crack down on cybercrimes
- Lawyer of Syracuse man arrested for Capitol riots: Greene had ‘limited involvement’ in Proud Boys
- Rep. John Katko urges European Union to reconsider policies that affect local dairy farmers
For more local sports, follow Mario Sacco on Twitter @MarioSaccoNC9