SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse University Athletic Director John Wildhack and Carrier Dome Managing Director Pete Sala participated in a press conference on Monday morning. While there is some construction going on, getting around isn’t as complicated as you might think.
All of the gates are open, including Gate B, which is a popular way in and out of the Dome.
And there are three simple things to remember:
- Parking lots open at 3 p.m.
- Shuttles from parking lots start at 4 p.m.
- Dome gates open at 5:30 p.m.
John Wildhack, Syracuse University Athletic Director, said, “This is going to be the largest crowd that we’ve had here in decades, which is absolutely fantastic, but fans should give themselves extra time to get to the stadium and obviously with ‘Cuse on the Quad and other activities we have, they come up, there’s going to be plenty of entertainment and fun for them to participate in.”
With so many people expected at the game, SU and the Dome are making some changes to the way people get in and out of the facility.
“We’ve moved our metal detectors and our security screening out towards the Quad a little bit to help with pedestrians getting in and out of the building,” said Pete Sala, Managing Director of the Carrier Dome. “We think that’s really going to enhance the gameday experience.”
Because of all of the construction, the Dome will have guides out around the building helping people make their way around once they get to campus.
Game Day Fan Tips:
- Arrive early to avoid traffic delays
- Carrier Dome gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- Fans who do not have a parking permit are invited to use the Manley Field House and Skytop parking lots ($20 per car), with the shuttle service starting at 4 p.m. To access the Skytop parking lot use Route 481 and exit at Brighton Ave.
- Two ride-sharing locations:
- Corner of University Place and South Crouse Avenue at the base of Crouse College
- Van Buren Street between Henry Street and Stadium Place in the circle outside Brewster Hall
- North Campus Shuttle begins at 4 p.m. on the North side of campus through Walnut Park, Comstock Avenue and Ostrom Avenue with a drop-off at College Place
- Syracuse University users a clear bag policy
- Security screening is utilized at every gate via walkthrough metal detectors
If you missed the press conference you can watch it below:
More from NewsChannel 9:
- KFC testing doughnut and fried chicken sandwich
- New film explores legacy of Puerto Rican actor Raúl Juliá
- Makers of White Claw say there is a nationwide shortage of the drink
- Submit your questions for Orange Nation Interactive
- The Pueblo chile, a unique source of heat
For more local news, follow Jeff Kulikowsky on Twitter @JeffNC9