SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Marshall Street staple Manny’s is celebrating 70 full years in business this weekend, as February 1 marks the store’s 71st birthday.
Manny’s is celebrating its 70th anniversary at the end of its 70th year, seeing as February 1 marks their 71st birthday.
Decades before it was a game day staple, Manny’s was a go-to for Syracuse athletes like Jim Brown and Pearl Washington.
As the Syracuse Orange grew, so did the store’s selection of SU gear.
The store will give out special 70th anniversary t-shirts to customers stopping by before the Syracuse-Duke game at the Carrier Dome.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Mets lead evaporates in 7-4 loss to Red Sox
- Skyline Apartments passed inspections
- WATCH: More sunshine and a 70s vibe for Central New York heading into the weekend
- Mayor, Syracuse Build Partners call for applicants for construction training program
- Kinney Drugs to Partner with Onondaga County to vaccinate anyone 12yrs old and older
For more local news, follow Andrew Donovan on Twitter @AndrewDonovan