SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The SU football team has arguably its biggest game of the season on Saturday against 4-4 Duke in Durham, North Carolina.
The Orange must win to have any chance at a bowl game and after a really disappointing season, another loss could really be a blow to Orange Nation, especially the nearly 9,000 new season ticket holders.
The athletic director says he understands the disappointment, but still hopes fans pack the Dome for Senior Day, the last regular season contest on the schedule, November 30th.
“There’s no question it’s frustrating and we hope they’ll come back and support the team in 2020. We’re incredibly thankful for the support of all of our fans, all of our season ticket holders, everyone who has come to the Dome this season,” said Athletic Director John Wildhack.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Fourth Grader David Holst Named 2021 Syracuse Heart Walk ‘Inspirational Honoree’
- Minnesota ex-police officer to be charged in fatal shooting of Daunte Wright
- WATCH: Nice this afternoon, but changes are ahead
- After Will Smith pulls film out of Georgia, Sen. Kennedy invites crew to Buffalo
- Health Alert: Sudden increase in syphilis cases in Onondaga County
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9