SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The SU football team has arguably its biggest game of the season on Saturday against 4-4 Duke in Durham, North Carolina.
The Orange must win to have any chance at a bowl game and after a really disappointing season, another loss could really be a blow to Orange Nation, especially the nearly 9,000 new season ticket holders.
The athletic director says he understands the disappointment, but still hopes fans pack the Dome for Senior Day, the last regular season contest on the schedule, November 30th.
“There’s no question it’s frustrating and we hope they’ll come back and support the team in 2020. We’re incredibly thankful for the support of all of our fans, all of our season ticket holders, everyone who has come to the Dome this season,” said Athletic Director John Wildhack.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- WATCH: Lake effect rain and snow overnight
- Cayuga Co. dealing with ‘super spreader’ event in regards to COVID-19
- All schools in Central Square School District switching to online learning
- Soule Road Middle School switching to online learning on Tuesday due to shortage of staff members
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9