SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Syracuse University men’s soccer team wil not be playing Navy on Friday. The season opener at Navy has been cancelled.
Last week, the scrimmage against Virginia was cancelled when a member of the SU team tested positive for COVID-19. Contact tracing was conducted and student-athletes are quarantining in accordance with CDC guidelines.
No other members of the team have tested positive for COVID-19 at this time.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- FORECAST: Less rain Tuesday but still rather cloudy
- NEW: Could ‘Zeta’ bring CNY late week snowfall?
- United Radio expanding operations out west
- Through adversity, Bills step up to the challenge with character win
- Jamie Foxx mourns death of sister DeOndra Dixon: ‘My heart is shattered’
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.