SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse University women’s basketball star Tiana Mangakahia tweeted out Monday morning that she has been cleared to begin practicing.
SU’s guard was declared cancer free in November after going through surgery as part of her ongoing treatment. She was diagnosed with stage two breast cancer last June and has been making an incredible come back ever since.
The basketball star says she can’t wait for the future, thanking everyone for their love and support.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- North Country wake up weather Monday November 30, 2020
- WATCH: Grab the rain coats; Steady rain spreads across CNY Monday
- Onondaga County is resuming ballot-counting on Monday
- Bills running game takes step in the right direction vs. Chargers
- Josh Allen says they ‘left a lot out there’ offensively after missed opportunities vs. Chargers
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9