SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse University football will be glued to the SU/Clemson game on Saturday, and all eyes will be on the Carrier Dome field at halftime. Tim Green’s number 72 jersey will be retired. Green, a native of Liverpool, former NFL star and author is the all-time sacks leader at SU.
Last year Green revealed he is battling ALS.
NewsChannel 9 Sports Director Steve Infanti sat down with Troy Green, Tim’s son, who will be on hand to support his dad.
Watch NewsChannel 9 at 5:00 Friday for more with Steve and Troy. They will also introduce you to the special guest that Tim Green has invited to the Carrier Dome to be part of Saturday’s halftime celebration.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Breanna Stewart powers Seattle to Game One win over Minnesota
- First Student Syracuse bus garage grand opening on Wednesday
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- WATCH: Milder tonight, more summer-likely by week’s end
- Runway work complete at Hancock International Airport
For more local sports, follow Steve Infanti on Twitter @SteveInfantiNC9