The Byrne Dairy and Deli NewsChannel 9 Athlete of the Week is designed to honor Section III varsity members who embody the true meaning of student-athlete.
The award recognizes more than just athletic ability, it recognizes a student athlete who thrives in the classroom, on the athletic field and in the community.
Athletes can be nominated by a coach, athletic director or teacher. Please send your nominations to Sports@LocalSYR.com.
- Syracuse Crunch goalie coach Karl Goehring leaving for assistant job at North Dakota
- Tampa Bay Lightning name new General Manager for the Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch fall to Monsters 3-0, season comes to an end
- Syracuse Crunch stays alive with a 2-1 win over Cleveland in Game 3
- Crunch on the brink of elimination after game two loss to Cleveland in Calder Cup Playoffs