BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) – Quincy Patterson II came off the bench to throw two touchdown passes and run for another score, leading No. 20 Virginia Tech to a 45-24 victory over North Carolina State.
Despite playing without 23 players and four coaches because of coronavirus issues and injuries – including starting quarterback Hendon Hooker – the Hokies raced to an early 17-0 lead over the Wolfpack.
The season opener was delayed two weeks because of two COVID-related postponements.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Syracuse men to face NC State in the second round of the ACC Tournament
- Colgate soars into the Patriot League semifinals with win over BU
- Syracuse women’s lacrosse picks up their third straight top-ten win
- Syracuse Crunch suffers home loss to Rochester
- Third former Cuomo Aide accuses governor of inappropriate behavior, reports allege toxic workplace