CENTRAL NEW YORK (WSYR-TV) — High school athletes in low- to moderate-risk sports can start practice Monday afternoon. That includes soccer, cross country, and field hockey. These sports also have the go-ahead to compete.
Not everybody has the okay to hit the practice field. Some school districts have decided to push back their fall season to the spring. These districts include Fulton, Syracuse city schools, and Solvay.
The state has already delayed the start of high-risk sports like football, volleyball, and cheerleading to spring.
First day of sports practice at CBA:
More from NewsChannel 9:
- 2 dead in Alabama naval aircraft crash
- Utica Fire Department, Oneida County to start ‘leaving behind’ Narcan after responding to overdose calls
- Cayuga County Sheriff: Deputy injured, suspect not in custody but ‘contained’
- Despite Democratic roadblocks, Senate moves forward with Trump’s Supreme Court nomination
- ‘I feel fantastic’: Arnold Schwarzenegger undergoes heart surgery at Cleveland Clinic
For more local sports, follow Darius Joshua on Twitter @DariusJoshuaTV.