(WSYR-TV) — Section IV of New York State Public High School Athletic Association will postpone all fall sports until the spring of 2021.
The decision was made “in the interest of students’ health and safety, as well as, recognizing the financial stress on individual School Districts caused by cuts in the New York State aid to education,” according to a statement released by the Executive Board.
Section IV encompasses school districts in New York’s Southern Tier, including most of Cayuga County districts, Tompkins, Cortland, and Chenango counties.
These sports are rescheduled to begin March 1, 2021.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Oneida County Health Department announces 3 potential COVID-19 exposures
- Watch: The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese
- Employee at an Auburn restaurant tests positive for COVID-19
- Central New York reports lower COVID-19 positive rate than the state’s average Friday
- Humane Association of CNY hosts silent auction to stock the shelter with much needed items
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.