UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — CNY football fans will have to wait another week to see one of their favorites in action, but are sending their support to the star player on social media. Former SU quarterback and current player on the XFL’s Dallas Renegades announced on Twitter Tuesday night that he will not be playing at this week’s games due to personal family reasons.
Dungey tweeted, “Very fortunate Coach Stoops understands and supports the meaning of family first and is allowing me to be released for the week.”
The Renegades posted an updated roster for upcoming games as well. Many viewers were upset when they didn’t see Dungey on the field during the XFL’s debut this past weekend. Dungey says he will be returning next week.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Last weekend for extended outdoor dining in downtown Syracuse
- Bus hits and kills woman in Watertown Friday
- Cayuga County announces potential COVID-19 exposure and upcoming testing clinic
- Weedsport Elementary School has positive COVID-19 case, unsure if school will reopen Monday
- GOP expecting President Trump to name Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9