UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — CNY football fans will have to wait another week to see one of their favorites in action, but are sending their support to the star player on social media. Former SU quarterback and current player on the XFL’s Dallas Renegades announced on Twitter Tuesday night that he will not be playing at this week’s games due to personal family reasons.
Dungey tweeted, “Very fortunate Coach Stoops understands and supports the meaning of family first and is allowing me to be released for the week.”
The Renegades posted an updated roster for upcoming games as well. Many viewers were upset when they didn’t see Dungey on the field during the XFL’s debut this past weekend. Dungey says he will be returning next week.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Friday Night Fever: Section III basketball and hockey playoff highlights
- Syracuse Crunch doubles up the Cleveland Monsters
- WATCH: Quiet for CNY heading into the weekend
- $6M in federal funding going to Native American Tribes across NY State
- Homophobic graffiti found in 4th floor restroom of Day Hall on SU campus
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9