SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The players have to do their best to ignore all the pomp and circumstance throughout the week leading up to kickoff with Clemson on Saturday and their preparation for the game must begin by first putting the loss at Maryland to bed.
And that won’t be easy. Saturday’s setback was disappointing on many different levels. The offense committed a couple of costly turnovers early. SU’s All-American kicker missed the first extra point of his career. The defense was plagued by missed assignments and missed tackles.
At his weekly news conference on Monday morning, Dino Babers described Sunday’s team meeting as intense and detailed as he went over the game play by play.
Now, the focus shifts from the Maryland loss to what lies ahead and we all know what that is: Defending national champions Clemson.
The Tigers are a 24-point favorite to win Saturday’s game.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Accumulating snow arrives by midday
- Friday Night Fever: The top high school basketball highlights from around Central New York
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- Syracuse Police looking for man accused of attacking gas station with baseball bat
- Massive explosion injures three in Pennsylvania
For more local sports, follow Steve Infanti on Twitter @SteveInfantiNC9