ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB) — Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer says federal money could be used toward projects related to the new Bills stadium.
The Bills are asking for a new stadium in Orchard Park that would cost $1.4 billion.
The state is also looking at a site on South Park Avenue near Louisiana Street.
Sen. Schumer says money from an infrastructure bill can’t be used directly on the stadium. But he says it could be used on related projects.
“The infrastructure money cannot be used on stadiums, but it can be used on roads,” Schumer says. “All the infrastructure that you need if there is a new stadium. Obviously, you’re going to have to build a whole new highway system, and I would add that would all be built with union labor.”
Sen. Schumer says he’ll do everything he can to support a new stadium.
- Newsfeed Now: FBI finds remains at Florida reserve in Brian Laundrie search; White House plans to vaccinate 28M children age 5-11
- Big Game Bound Week 7: Shorthanded Browns face critical TNF matchup as we preview this week’s NFL slate
- Veteran-owned restaurant, ‘Empire Square,’ preserving history in downtown Watertown
- PODCAST: Pass the Salt with Erik Columbia – Ep. 22 Crunch COO Jim Sarosy
- J-D raises over $10k in annual charity game