SOLVAY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Solvay School District has announced that it is moving fall sports to March.
They decided to move soccer and cross country so that all fall sports will begin in March.
According to the release, the decision was based on the following:
- Not wanting to jeopardize the two days of in-person learning
- The cross country course is currently closed
- The district feels that soccer is not a low-risk sport
- Both soccer and cross country will have the same length of season in “Fall 2”
The district also said there will be no league championships or sectional play in either season.
Read the full letter from the district below:
More from NewsChannel 9:
- FORECAST: Less rain Tuesday but still rather cloudy
- NEW: Could ‘Zeta’ bring CNY late week snowfall?
- United Radio expanding operations out west
- Through adversity, Bills step up to the challenge with character win
- Jamie Foxx mourns death of sister DeOndra Dixon: ‘My heart is shattered’
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.