SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Green beer was flowing in Syracuse’s Tipperary Hill neighborhood on Sunday, as part of the annual Green Beer Sunday celebration marking the early kick off to Saint Patrick’s Day.
Each year thousands flock to Coleman’s Irish Pub to get into the St. Patrick’s spirit. The bar opened at 11 a.m. and it took some people an hour just to get in!
The annual tradition comes a few weeks before the Syracuse Saint Patrick’s Parade, the 39th annual parade steps off in Clinton Square on Saturday, March 14.
We’ll have live coverage of the parade starting at 12:00 p.m., on NewsChannel 9.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Family Healthcast: Parents concerned their children could’ve been exposed to COVID-19 over weekend
- Onondaga County’s mobile testing unit travels to 3 locations this week
- Thousands dealing with power outage in eastern Onondaga and Madison counties
- 4 Minneapolis officers fired after death of black man
- Oneida Co: Two additional COVID-19 deaths