ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Onondaga County Executive Ryan McMahon is weighing in on the situation surrounding Dustin Czarny and, for the most part, he is withholding judgment while allowing the District Attorney’s office to conduct their investigation.
McMahon says the issue of outside income has been one with both elected officials and some appointed officials. He tells us in regards to the elections commissioners, they are appointed by the legislature and would be willing to sit down with them to try and put new ground rules in place so this doesn’t come up in the future.
“Both of them because they are political in nature, in what they do and how they get their jobs, if the legislature wants to take a look at outside income and talk about policy relating to that, we’re open to that discussion,” McMahon said.
Those discussions would happen since McMahon says there is no policy currently in place surrounding such positions.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Man killed in Palmyra after hitting deer with motorcycle early Sunday morning
- Reggie Gilliam’s success stems from lifelong family support
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s happening throughout Central New York Sunday
- Man stabbed multiple times in Syracuse Sunday morning expected to survive
- Sweet, energetic Terrier Pit Bull mix hopes to connect with forever family: Petsavers
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9