ITHACA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Part of Cornell University will be smelling a bit foul in the coming days as a rare “Corpse Flower” is set to bloom.
The flower itself is nicknamed “Carolus.” It’s on display at the Liberty Hyde Bailey Conservatory on the Cornell campus.
The flowering period is usually just a day or two. The plant’s blooms are said to smell like rotting flesh and considered the smelliest flower in the world.
You can view a live stream of the flower here.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- One dead, one in critical condition after crash involving motorcycle and off-road vehicle
- Back the Red and Blue Motorcycle Ride supports first responders through Onondaga County
- Bills QB Josh Allen leads another fourth quarter comeback to beat Rams in week three
- Holland Patent School District goes completely remote next week to allow more time for COVID-19 contact tracing
- WATCH: A nice, warm evening with maybe a shower towards morning