CAMILLUS, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Sometimes life’s struggles can teach you the greatest lessons. For many, it is important to pass those lessons along to the younger generation.
This week, motivational speaker George Lynch shared his life lessons with 400 students at East Hill Elementary School in Camillus. To understand his story, you first have to understand his struggle.
“I grew up in the south Bronx, which can be tough, and overcame things like homelessness and living with a single parent and lastly, just some of the systematic barriers,” said Lynch.
Those struggles did not define his success.
“I was held back twice in school, but I was able to persevere through that and graduate high school and college and now I’m a professional in education, the arena I struggled in,” Lynch said.
Now you understand why he’s here, to be a source of encouragement and provide simple lessons of motivation and inspiration to guide students through life.
“No matter what you experience in life, no matter what happens to you, you can overcome anything you undergo,” Lynch told students.
Watch Lynch’s story above.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Finger Lakes SPCA to hold Howl-O-Ween Pet Walk in Skaneateles this October
- Two more indicted in Chemung County torture-murder case, kidnapped second man
- Your guide to seasonal runs, walks, obstacle courses in Central New York this fall
- Baltimore Woods to host 5K Run for The Woods to benefit Nature Center programs
- “Empower Parkinson, Inc” Fights Back Against Disease with Pedaling Program
For more local news, follow Jennifer Sanders on Twitter @JSandersNC9