TOWN OF GEDDES, NY (WSYR-TV) — State Fair Director Troy Waffner and his staff kept planning for the 2020 New York State Fair right up until the moment in July when Governor Andrew Cuomo cancelled the event.
As the shutdowns and restrictions on mass gatherings continued from March into early summer, Wafner and his staff looked into various options for holding an event that can pack in more than 100,000 people on a good day in the era of COVID-19 and social distancing.
More State Fair Coverage:
- Paul Basilio from Basilio Sausage dies at 92
- Phase two of Orange Lot access improvement project complete at NYSF
- NYS Fair 2020 butter sculpture recycled at Western New York farm
- Voting Now Open: NewsChannel 9 team debuts “Sweet ‘N’ Salt Shake” in State Fair virtual milkshake contest
- Pizze Fritte marks untraditional 60th year being part of the NYS Fair
https://twitter.com/NewsChannel9For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9