TOWN OF GEDDES, NY (WSYR-TV) — State Fair Director Troy Waffner and his staff kept planning for the 2020 New York State Fair right up until the moment in July when Governor Andrew Cuomo cancelled the event.
As the shutdowns and restrictions on mass gatherings continued from March into early summer, Wafner and his staff looked into various options for holding an event that can pack in more than 100,000 people on a good day in the era of COVID-19 and social distancing.
More State Fair Coverage:
- ‘Fair Food Fest’ offers taste of NYS Fair with added attractions this year
- Senator May proposes bill that would allow NYSF vendors to carry over last year’s liquor license
- Some vendors already preparing for 2021 New York State Fair
- Fair Director Troy Waffner on what the fair might look like in 2021
- Governor Cuomo: The New York State Fair to return on August 20th
https://twitter.com/NewsChannel9For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9