TOWN OF GEDDES, NY (WSYR-TV) — In the time that the fairgrounds would have been filled with people enjoying the 2020 fair, staff will spend planning for 2021.
New York State Fair Director Troy Waffner said not having a fair this summer gives organizers a little breather and allows for what he expects will be a better event for next year.
While there are no guarantees the fair will return for 2021, Waffner says his team is busy making sure the 18-day fair has plenty to see and do.
He also says the fair is keeping in mind that COVID-19 will still be with us and that will necessitate some changes in how the fair does business.
More State Fair Coverage:
- Paul Basilio from Basilio Sausage dies at 92
- Phase two of Orange Lot access improvement project complete at NYSF
- NYS Fair 2020 butter sculpture recycled at Western New York farm
- Voting Now Open: NewsChannel 9 team debuts “Sweet ‘N’ Salt Shake” in State Fair virtual milkshake contest
- Pizze Fritte marks untraditional 60th year being part of the NYS Fair
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9https://twitter.com/NewsChannel9