CENTRAL NEW YORK (WSYR-TV) — Back on September 7, 1998, a devastating derecho tore through Central New York, causing millions of dollars in damage, and taking two lives.
Twenty years later, in 2018, NewsChannel 9 Storm Team Chief Meteorologist Jim Teske took a look back at the storm.
You can watch the original piece from 1998 here.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- New York State Trooper seriously injured in 190 North crash in Buffalo Saturday morning
- Sisters of missing Canastota woman searching for answers
- Oneida County Health Department announces 3 potential COVID-19 exposures
- Watch: The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese
For more Storm Team news, follow Jim Teske on Twitter @JimTeskeNC9.